Advance Surface Shotfirer (NSW BEUL)(SS2209-26) Classroom course
This is a course for Surface Shotfirers requiring the advanced units of competency.
The course is completed in 3 parts. Each part must be completed to obtain a Statement of Attainment
Units of Competency
- RIIBLA401 Manage Blasting Operations
- RIIBLA402 Monitor and Control the Effects of Blasting on the Environment
- RIIBLA403 Design Surface Blasts
Completion of these units will require access to a modern drill and blast design application such as DataBlast, Vulcan, Surpac, Minescape etc incorporating drill pattern design, charge and hookup design.
NOTE: Completion on a Surface Blasting Course for the units of competency:
- RIIBLA205 Store, Handle and Transport Explosives
- RIIBLA301 Conduct Surface Shotfiring Operations
- RIIBLA305 Conduct Secondary Breaking
Trainees on successful completion of all theory will receive a Statement of Attainment that will support an application for a Shotfirers license in NSW.