NSW BEUL Underground Shotfirer
NSW BEUL UNDERGROUND SHOTFIRER
Underground Shotfirers manage all aspects of the explosives loading, tie-up and firing of blasts in underground mining and underground tunnelling and construction operations. Shotfiring is a statutory position and shotfirers are generally appointed and written into the mine record.
Units of Competency
RIIBLA202F – Support Underground Shotfirer Operations
RIIBLA205E – Store, Handle and Transport Explosives
RIIBLA303E – Conduct Underground Development Shotfiring Operations
RIIBLA304E – Conduct Underground Production Shotfiring Operations
RIIBLA305E – Conduct Secondary Blasting
RIIBLA401E – Manage Blasting Operations (underground)
This course provides skills and knowledge required to conduct Underground Shotfiring operations in the Mining, Drill and Civil Infrastructure sector.
The course is designed for those:
- Working in operation roles underground and tunnelling
- Persons wishing to hold a statutory position.
Successful trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment that will support a NSW BEUL Underground Shotfirers license application.
To obtain a Statement of Attainment, trainees must successfully complete all three components in this course:
- Operational Engagement & Experience evidence submission
- Onsite Practical assessment adjudicate by our BMI Trainers
Total 243 hours (nominal)
Delivery Methods for Theory Component:
- Classroom – total 7 days held over 2 training sessions.
- Initial Underground training session 4 days
- Underground Manage Blasting Operations Unit 3 days
– Private Group
– Public Program [Refer to Training Schedule for course dates
Reference material will be provided with your course.
Notes About Certificate of Completion:
For candidates not able to complete practical assessment, a Certificate of Completion for the theory units can be issued on request.
- A Certificate of Completion is not a recognised qualification and will not support an application for a Shotfirers licence.
- The Certificate can be upgraded to a Statement of Attainment on completion of the required practical experience and assessments if completing course within 2 years.
- Upgrading a Certificate to a Statement may incur additional costs.
- 18 years of age
- Dangerous Goods Security Card. Security Clearance or similar
– TAS Trainees to provide WST Letter of Approval
- Basic understanding of mining operations
- Have a basic understanding of explosives products and applications such as obtained through a site induction
- Be able to speak, read and understand English Language
- Have an understanding of basic mathematics, candidates need familiarity with basic area and volume
- Calculations, basic geometry, calculations with percentages and simple transposition of equations
- Basic Computer literacy.
- Computer or iPad with a camera.
Underground Shotfirer Classroom 401
Underground Shotfirer - Refresher