Manage Surface Blasting Operations
RIIBLA401E Manage Blasting Operations [Surface]
This Nationally Recognised Training course provides skills and knowledge required to manage blasting operations in the Mining, Drilling and Civil Infrastructure sector.
This is a course designed for:
- Surface Drill and Blast Supervisors and Senior Engineers
- In some jurisdictions maybe mandated for Operations/Line Managers with responsibility for daily drill and blast operations
- Persons wishing to obtain their Quarry Managers ticket
- Drill and Blast Crew wishing to apply for the NSW Blasting Explosives User Licence (BEUL).
Course content includes:
- Process definition and control
- Procedures, operating instructions and operating standards
- Auditing and compliance
- Training and assessment
- Risk management
- Misfire management
- Documentation and recording
- Classroom Only – 3-day theory and assignment submission
– Private Group
– Public Program:
- Drill and Blast Masterclass course delivered by Peter Duniam BE. MPM – Director of BMI with over 37 years industry experience
BEUL NSW Part 2 Advance Shotfirer Classroom course.
Refer to the Training Schedule for Public Program dates.
- 45 hours (nominal) excluding Underpinning Knowledge Course
- Refer to Underpinning Knowledge Course below – 13 hours (nominal)
Reference material will be provided with your course.
Underpinning Knowledge Requirements
Successful trainees are required to demonstrate a level of underpinning knowledge in relation to drill and blast operations.
This may be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Upload an existing Statement of Attainment awarded within the last five years for the following units of competencyz
– RIIBLA205 Store, Handle and Transport Explosives
– RIIBLA301 Conduct Surface Shotfiring Operations
– RIIBLA305 Conduct Secondary Blasting Operations
- Complete a self-paced course covering the essential elements of drill and blast. This course covers 16 topics and is expected to take around 16 hours.
- Complete the theory component of a surface shotfirer course. Note there is an additional cost for this.
- Undertake RPL for the above units of competency. Note there is an additional cost for RPL.
- Calculates measurements, products and ratios
- Conveys information and requirements clearly and listens carefully
- Identifies and interprets information from workplace documentation an legislation
- Completes workplace and legislative documentation using sector-specific vocabulary, grammatical structures and convention.
- Computer or iPad with a camera.
[NOTE: Entry into this course does not guarantee employment.]
Click to Read
RIIBLA401E Manage Surface Blasting Operations