Blast Management International provides Australia-wide, on-site blast consulting, nationally recognised shotfirer training and advanced blast design training for open cut coal, and both underground and open cut Metalliferous mines.
Peter Duniam, CEO of Blast Management International, is a Mining Engineer with over 30 years of experience in the mining and construction industry, specialising in blasting operations in difficult and technically challenging areas.
After 15 years working for major explosives suppliers in Australia, Africa and Asia, Peter established ExploFix in 2004 to provide an independent consulting service to the mining and explosives industry, before rebranding as Blast Management International in 2008. A member of the ISEE since 1996, Peter has presented at international conferences on a diverse range of subjects including vibration control, training, electronic detonator systems and underground blast techniques.
What we offer:
- An in-depth understanding of all aspects of the explosives and blasting industry with a focus on safety and efficiency.
- Experience in a broad range of underground and surface mines and construction operations including large diameter tunnels in urban environments.
- Project management and risk management related to blasting operations.
- Economic and technical analysis of blasting operations leading to precise and practical recommendations.
- Development and implementation of competency-based training systems.
Peter specialises in developing total blasting systems incorporating technical, economic and human factors to deliver an optimised result. Key to this process is the development, presentation and implementation of the standards, procedures and guidelines that comprise site-specific competency-based training.